This blog post is a part of the following blog hops:
Ever thought about making your own spice mixes? Thought that this was a little too daunting of a task? Think again. Creating herb and spice mixes is easy, inexpensive and efficient, as well as a fun activity you can do together with your kids.
But besides that it is a creative activity, that goes beyond a home economics lesson, it is also a great way to keep artificial by-products out of your families reach.
Do you have family members with food allergies and chronic diseases, like I do? Then you really should consider making your own mixes.
Allow me to present to you 5 reasons why you should make your own spice mixes
1. Store bought mixes contain modified starch which is often derived from GMO sources (not always), used a thickening agent
2. There are also hidden sugars – does anyone really need more sugar in their diet? The answer is surely no, especially when you or someone in your family deals with diabetes or other chronic illnesses
3. Store brands as well as national brands contain partially hydrogenated vegetable oils – GMO derived trans fats from various sources, such as soybean oil, do I need to say more?
4. They contain MSG – MSG can be hidden under other names.
5. Often contains Hidden gluten – a dangerous situation for anyone with celiac disease
But where to find recipes? You can borrow my “Mixing Spices” book for free on Amazon Kindle Unlimited! A no-nonsense collection of mixes, which contains no fillers, unlike store brand ready-mixes. My recipes range from Taco Season to Goulash, and more adventurous recipes, that are easy to replicate, without the need for weird and crazy ingredients you can find anywhere.
If you are looking for a non-expensive, but effective spice grinder, I highly recommend this little powerhouse:
The above blog post is a part of the following blog hops:
Disclaimer: I have received this book for free from the publisher in return for an honest review. The following post contains affiliate links, see Disclosure page for details. Don’t miss their special coupon and discount deals below!
Book Title: Elevator Speeches That Get Results
Author: Dorothy Tannahill-Moran
Publisher: Introvert Whisperer
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Written in a delightful conversational tone, Elevator Speeches That Get Results, is a very detailed an informative book on the art of creating effective elevator speeches. This is not a book for someone who is looking to master the short sales pitch, rather a book that allows the reader to learn how to introduce themselves and their brand effectively and quickly, making a great conversation starter, as well as getting people’s interest in your expertise/niche. It is longer than most books in this price range, which surprised me positively.
With the Author’s straightforward style, there is little fluff in the book, so you do not have to navigate through a ton of personal anecdotes that take away from the actual subject matter.
Overall a great book on elevator speeches.
Need a website? Check out the free website builder and hosting platform SiteRubix now! Premium Services and Domains are also available! The best WordPress hosting place anywhere!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. See Disclosure page for details
Spring will hopefully be upon us soon, and during this time of the year, spring cleaning is on the mind of many. Why not extend this sentiment to your social media presence? Today, I will be talking about getting your Pinterest account ready for ultimate performance by doing some simple spring cleaning.
Before we talk about cleaning and organizing your boards make sure your profile has been optimized:
1. Make sure your website/blog have been verified
2. Make sure your description contains your relevant keywords
3. Update your profile picture, preferably using one that features your face.
Now to the eight tips to spring clean your Pinterest boards:
1. Move your seasonal boards into the correct order according to your season, for example, your spring and summer collections should be pulled forward while your winter collection should be on the very end of your boards at the moment.
2. Combine any boards that have only a few pins
3. Delete boards that either have too little amount of pins and can not be consolidated with another board, no longer fit into your website/brand/blog niche or do not have a large following.
4. Move your most popular boards to the front – use Pinterest analytics tools to see which boards are the most popular/ active at the moment, and display them as the first two rows. Remember that when looks at your profile, those are the only ones they initially see.
5. Edit board descriptions – make sure all of your boards contain relevant keywords and updated information to make them easy to be found in the search results.
6. Split large boards into two boards – narrowing down some boards to a separate subject matter makes it easier for the followers to find your individual pins.
7. Update your boards featured image – move your most popular pins to the featured position, in order to draw in more followers. But most importantly make sure that the featured pin describes your boards content well.
8. Check your pin’s URL’s. Make sure your pins go the actual post or merchandise with the correct link like they are supposed to. If not, change that immediately.
A few more tips to keep you sane during the Pinterest Spring Cleaning
1. Choose only one or maybe two specific tasks to complete every day
2 Be clear about what you want to accomplish with your Pinterest presence – what do you want your boards and profile to say about you – do this before you start any spring cleaning, so you have a clear mission in mind.
3. Keep the amount of the group boards you are a part of to no more than 15 but no less than 5. Make sure they are all relevant to your brand and mission.
Have a great day!
Disclaimer: The following post is a sponsored post and contains affiliate links. I received the item for free in return for an honest review. See disclosure page for details
We use a lot of herbs and spices in our daily life. From making our own spice mixes to creating our own tea blends, making our own sauces, and cooking for friends, I spent a lot of time cutting up rosemary and chives, basil and oregano. While a proper kitchen knife is a fine enough tool to get the herbs and spices needed in a proper size, it is not as convenient and fast as the Five-Layered Herb Scissors from Marky Products. Armed with that surprisingly heavy, sturdy and sharp tool, I “cut” my prep time to a few seconds, slicing through anything needed to make the perfect spaghetti sauce and all of the fresh herbs needed for our salad dressings.
Yes, the herbs get stuck in between the five blades, but thankfully the product comes with a small, green “comb”, which cleans between each blade, making the cleanup also a quick action. The five-layered herb scissors are one of those products, I did not know, I needed until it arrived at my doorstep.
Let me give you a quick review summary:
1. Sturdy, heavy duty scissors, that are easy to handle and feel comfortable in my hands.
2. the scissors are comfortable for both right and left-handed people (me), as well as people with bigger hands (my husband)
3. Cuts the cooking prep down to a fraction of the time
4. cleans easy, due to the cleaning tool included with the scissor purchase
1. the cleaning tool is another little thing that is easily lost in an already full gadget drawer. It would be even better if the cleaning tool would attach somehow to the scissors for a more convenient storage.
Overall I highly recommend the Five-layer herb scissors from Marky Products as a great addition to a household that cooks a lot, and is into clean, fresh cooking that includes a lot of fresh herbs.
You can purchase the useful herb scissors on Amazon today, and get free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime!
The following post is a guest post by Elizabeth, the Author, and Creator of the 10-Minute Mugs course.
Raise your hand if you like coffee? How about tea? Hot chocolate? Me, I’m a hot chocolate girl. In contrast, my husband can down a pot of coffee and 9:00 at night and go to bed shortly after. If you took a poll of your city, your state, or even your country, odds are good that a vast majority of the people would report that they drink some kind of beverage from a mug.
Not only am I a hot chocolate fan, I’m also obsessed with crafts. These two interests led me to one of my favorite kinds of projects: mug-making. It started with dotted Sharpie mugs. I made a mug for my sister-in-law and she loved it.
It turns out other people like mug crafts, too. Unfortunately, there didn’t seem to be a consensus for how to make Sharpie mugs and thus was born The Ultimate Guide to Sharpie Mugs, a guide for others who wanted to create these mugs but didn’t know how.
Out of this mug madness was born 10-Minute Mugs, an eBook devoted to quick and easy mugs that you can make yourself. I know, you’ve got to be thinking, “Can there even be any more ways to make mugs?”. Why yes, yes there can be. 10-Minute Mugs includes tutorials, tips, tricks, and designs to help you create beautiful mugs in a flash. While some of the mugs have been featured on my blog, there are three mugs that are exclusive to the eBook (and honestly, out of all the mugs I have made, I think these are my favorites.)
And if you’re not a designer or don’t have perfect penmanship? Never fear! 10-Minute Mugs has 18 downloadable patterns for your next DIY mug.
If you want to become a mug-making master, make sure to check out 10-Minute Mugs.
About The Author:
Elizabeth is the author of Destination Decoration, a crafting blog devoted to providing tutorials that make crafting accessible to all. Destination Decoration is a home to all things crafty, from woodworking to watercolor, from canvas art to Dollar Store crafts. Elizabeth is also a self-taught calligrapher and an eager and willing learner of all things hand-lettering.
Apart from crafting, Elizabeth enjoys spending time with her husband and cats (though admittedly, she’s more of a dog person). She is an avid reader and to be honest, drinks more soda than she probably (definitely) should.
A fellow Zazzle designer created the most beautiful custom Wedding Invitations, and I just have to share them with you all. Can you imagine? You are planning the perfect wedding, and everything is perfect, then it is time to send out the invitations. Shouldn’t they be as perfect as the rest of your blessed event?
Check out the following designs by Leatherwood Music Shop to get inspired:
Here are a couple of other designs that caught my eye, today!
All of the designs featured here are fully customizable! And you only have to order exactly as many you need. It could not be easier!