I love the scent of oranges, so it is no surprise that sweet orange essential oil is my favorite essential oil. The benefits of sweet orange essential oils are vast and do not differ from the bitter orange essential oils also available on the market in its application.
What is the difference between bitter and sweet orange essential oil?
The difference lays in origin and preparation. While the bitter orange essential oil is derived from a hardy bitter orange tree’s fruit, via cold-pressed technique, while the sweet orange oil comes from a smaller tree, that surprisingly yields larger fruit than the former tree. Because their chemical compound is almost identical, their therapeutic uses are no different, as I mentioned above.
There is however, a third orange oil, the orange blossom oil, which has different uses. It is derived exclusively from the flowers of the bitter orange tree. Its therapeutic uses are for skincare, anxiety, stress and shock – via Aromatherapy.
I personally prefer the scent of the sweet orange essential oil.
– helps in creating emotional and physical balance
– promotes detoxification
– used to clarify skin in skin care preparations
– Use several drops to the palm of your hands, and inhale for a more positive outlook
– Add several drops to bath water to calm the nerves, and enhance your immune system
– Add several drops orange oil to a clean damp washcloth and toss in the dryer to freshen your clothing, you can also add the oil to your homemade non-toxic laundry detergent.
– Add 10 drops orange oil and three drops peppermint oil to a spray bottle for a great non-toxic air freshener.
– Add orange oil to a diffuser in your office in order to ensure a calm working environment
Questions: What is your favorite essential oil, and what are your favorite ways to use it?
If you want to learn more about essential oils, check out bestselling book Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing by Althea Press