Disclaimer: The following post contains affiliate links. See Disclosure Page for details
I love finding out facts that are seemingly out of the ordinary about ordinary items and products. These interesting facts about Sake are not any different. Maybe you will be as surprised as I was about some of them!
1. You can make it a part of your spa day. No, not by drinking it, but by adding it to your bathtub. Add about 2 to 3 glasses
of sake into your filled bath tub. The temperature of the bath water should be about 98 Degrees Fahrenheit (37 Degrees Fahrenheit) in order to work its magic. This wellness bath will increase your circulation, eliminate toxins, and soften your skin. What is not to love!
2. Sake kasu – which is the by-product of pressing during the creation process of making Sake – is thought to activate a natural killer cell fighting cancer. Sake itself also contains amino acids, which are known to prevent cancer.
3. Japanese people swear that drinking Sake in moderation prevents forgetfulness. Just remember that the key is moderation.
4. Sake was also used as part of rituals – but this type of Sake was made by women called Mikos, who would chew the rice, to mix it with their saliva, creating a type of fermentation process. No, none of the Sake you find in the stores now, is pre-chewed.
5. Sake rice is a little different than regular table rice. It is somewhat bigger than the rice we at, less sticky and high in starch content. It also contains fewer proteins and has less fat than regular rice
Why not read more about sake?