Before I am starting with the letter B today, I wanted to share with you 22 Facts about Tea Leaf Reading:
22 Facts About Tea Leaf Reading
- Tasseography is also known as tasseomancy and tassology
- Tasseography works not only with tea leaves, but also with coffee grounds or wine sediments
- A skilled reader or diviner will combine the knowledge of standard symbolism with intuitive skills to come to a complete and comprehensive reading.
- While many readers prefer white or solid colored cups for reading tea leaves, some use specific cups, with special designs. Three examples of these are Zodiac cups, Playing Card cups and symbol cups.
- Due to the healing powers of various arts, Tasseomancy is a natural extension of the Healing Arts, and Kitchen Witchcraft
- Turkish coffee ground reading can never be read by the one asking questions, but must be read by someone else.
- You can use any loose leaf tea for reading tea leaves. It does not have to be black tea, it can also be that of an herbal variety.
- Some traditions prefer to swirl the tea leaves, others are taught not to swirl – either way creates an accurate readings, and is entirely up to the practitioner, their background and who taught them.
- Tea leaf readings are a short term reading – most readings see only into the future for about 1 year.
- An overwhelming negative reading usually is the manifestation of the person’s deep-rooted worries and fears, and should be read as that.
- One theory is that this form of divination is a form of psychometry – the psychic ability to read inanimate objects through clairvoyance.
- Tea leave reading was introduced to Europe in the 1600 after tea became a very popular drink.
- It is best to avoid very large tea leaves for reading, like gunpowder green tea, because they will cover the inside of the cup, and not create spaces and forms to interpret
- You can sweeten your tea for the tea leaf reading as you usually would, just avoid using cream, because it will clump up the tea leaves.
- Speaking of cream – a form of Tasseography used particularly in an area of Germany called “Ostfriesland”, is reading the cream “cloud” during their tea ritual. Only a special tea is used for this type of reading and ritual, as well as a special “cream spoon”. You can also read the cream cloud by adding it in coffee.
- There is such a thing as tea leaf reading cards.
- The only liquid that needs to be left in the cup for the reading is about one teaspoon full. The rest is drunk by the person read for.
- If you do choose to swirl your tea, do it three times, counter-clockwise
- The initial impressions are usually the most correct ones
- The handle is an important part of reading tea leaves – it indicates details such as timeframe, if a situation is leaving or entering someone’s life, and represents the person the reading is done for.
- You should never read more than one time a day for yourself, actually most people should not read more often than once a week for themselves, in order to not get your readings confused and being contradicting what you read before
- The more specific your question is, the more likely you will get a clear answer. Both the reader and the diviner should concentrate on the question in unison.
And now it is time to continue with our dictionary:
Badger: If you are not married, you will have a long life filled with happiness, as a single person. If you are married, you will regret that you have not made the decision to have stayed single.
Basket: Family, a new person or animal to take care off. Living in a family unit. You have taken on the role as a caregiver, or will do so in the near future.
Bat: (the animal) Pay attention to those in your care, as this is not a good omen regarding your household. Prevent any misfortune by tending to them now. Make sure you let those you love, know how much you care for them, while you have a chance.
Bear: a long period of travel, most likely toward North or colder climates.
Birds: our winged friends tend to bring good news, by themselves news will arrive soon, if they are sitting in a row, these new will take some time to unfold. Birds in a cage however means that there are obstacles you have to remove first in order option those good news you are longing for.
Boat: a boat in itself brings the news of impending friends arrival, if seen with rough seas, trouble is coming your way.
Bouquet: one of the luckiest symbols: great friends, success, happy marriage. Reunions with long lost friends and the reversal of estranged relationships are very likely to appear.
Bridge: there is an opportunity on its way! If you are about to travel your journey will be favorable.
Building: something or someone is about to be removed out of your life. Or you are removing yourself from a situation. This does not always mean negative. Sometimes we have to let go off a situation, person or circumstance to move forward. Now would be that time.
Bull: a rather negative symbol. Watch out for potential trouble to keep it under control
Bush: You are about to receive an invitation that will excite you.
Butterfly: butterfly are creatures of a passing pleasure, but rather inconstant and flighty. So if you are flirting with someone at the moment, it is not meant to become anything more. Save yourself some heartache and move on.