I decided to try something new this week, venture outside of my artistic comfort zone and embrace the creation of some typographic posters. I do this every once in a while, move my focus upon a subject matter or a creative technique I have never tried before, and dive in. Sometimes, I find myself completely lost and drop it like a hot potato, but other times, like this week, I find a new creative outlet I actually enjoy. I enjoyed it enough to open a printable only Etsy store “No Plain Paper”.
These designs, like all of my other art work, are still available in my RedBubble and Zazzle stores, so you can purchase them on the many applications available there, like mugs, or as gratitude journals.
What do you do to push yourself outside of your comfort zone?
This week is the first time I am participating in the To-Know-Me Tuesday, where we are asked to post 10 things about ourselves.
So here they are:
- I was born in Germany
- My Dad was an organic gardener, in charge of our local gardening club, teaching green gardening techniques. I learned a lot from him on that subject.
- I speed read – not as fast as I would like, yet – but I can get through a full-size novel in about 2 hours.
- I am a fan of Chase Charvis, Gary Vaynerchuk and Tim Ferris
- I can not dance – at all. Neither can my husband, so that works well.
- I wrote, directed and performed in my first play when I was 10
- I want to write the script to a featured film
- I am a published Author. One of my books is available on Amazon
- I can lip-read in two languages – German and English
- I wish there were 36 hours in the day – then I would probably find a way to fill them all, and wish there were 48 hours, lol.
This blog post is a part of the following blog hops: