Yesterday was my 100’th blog post since I moved Avalon to WordPress, yeah!
So today, I am going to celebrate, by writing a list of things I absolutely love! Maybe at the end you can tell me some of the things you say Yes to!
- walking/hiking – favorite form of exercise, but sadly I don’t have the opportunity to hike here. I do get to walk a lot every day, averaging about 3 miles a day
- spicy foods – I love me some really good chicken wings! More so if my husband makes them (we used to own a restaurant, he is a fantastic cook), yummy
- Books – no surprise here!
- 30 Seconds To Mars – what is there not to love! I just can’t believe that Jared is older then I am, he looks like a twenty year old (sorry about the fangirl moment)
- quiet – I love morning quietness, when the house is still silent before everyone else gets up, there is peace in this type of solitude
- blogging – well duh – otherwise I would not do it. I have an opinion about everything, so this is the perfect platform to let some of that loose
- Lake Garda, Italy – seriously the most beautiful place on the planet, that I have seen so far. I have been there 6 times, can’t wait to share that space with my kids
- Museums – it does not really matter if it is modern art, history, or a local collection in a small town – I love visiting museums, and I was lucky to have grown up in a city where there were many of them, at least 7 large ones and a few smaller collections.
- Gardening – there is something profoundly meditative about gardening, the entire process of preparing the soil, getting ones hands dirty, tending to what was planted and reaping the harvest, that is so primal, yet sophisticated, delicate, yet hardy.
- Animals – not just my own (we have three rescues – a cat and two dogs), but animals in a broughter sense. We do not buy products tested on animals, and while not all of us are strict vegans, we do try to limit animal products, and honor those who have given their lives to nourish our bodies.
What do you say “Yes” to? What are your favorite things in the world? Share some in the comment section below!