A little crazy never hurt anyone, I don’t mean DC’s Joker-crazy, I mean out-of-the-box weird, with a dash of creative colorfulness. But in all of that craziness that we (my hubby, my kids and I), have to find a way to balance all of what we want to accomplish AND still have a life, by not adding even more to our ever-growing list of to-do’s. With more ideas than there are hours in the day, a limit has to be set of how much we can take on.
I think, without Evernote and Nozbe, I would be lost forever, especially considering that my handwriting resembles that of a doctor, so it’s pretty much useless for me to keep handwritten notes.
So what is on the agenda for the next few days?
- publish an interview I conducted with a very creative fellow Designer on Zazzle (you can check out his store “SwissToons” here)
- getting ready to move, which means getting rid of most of our stuff (I am going to write another blog post about our decision to start all over)
- create more designs, specifically focusing on home decor, cell phone cases and cards for both RedBubble and Zazzle
- get even more familiar with the few more companies I will be working with here – and introducing them to you all.
- make a list of things I need (and want ) to get, once we actually arrived in Las Vegas.
- write at least 7 more flash fiction stories – some of them I will publish here, others will be exclusive for the upcoming collection
- implement and write about the ton of social media and business info I have come across over the last few weeks and months
- publish some reviews (not just about books)
Behind the scenes, we still have to run our transportation business and homeschool our children, but those are the musts that are consistently a part of our daily activities, our non-negotiables. The former is our main income source, and the latter: education – well I could write an entire book about the importance of educating our college-bound kids.
Sounds like a lot? Yup, but somehow we always seem to manage to make it all work, just as long as I promise myself not to take on anything else. That is something I am very bad at. I want to do everything, and I want to do it now. But the scripts and urban fantasy series have to wait this week, even though I wish I could dive into any of them.
How do you keep yourself from overwhelmed? What do you do to unwind, and get away from it all?
I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!
P.S. I highly recommend to you all to check out our affiliate Nozbe! The best productivity tool I have come across. I organize all of my business and personal projects using this program!
Wow! That is a lot! My family and I get crazy busy like that too – I have my e-mail calendar dinging at me for various actions – anything from kayaking and canoeing practice to dentist appointments to blog posts and house-cleaning. It’s annoying, but it helps. Plus, I write on an old-fashioned wall calendar.
email calendars are such a great little tool, aren’t they? Those wall calendars are my favorite to keep track of birthdays. Thanks for stopping by!
Wow… you have so much on your plate… good luck in getting it all done;)
thanks, a little bit of good luck never hurt anyone, blessings!