A little crazy never hurt anyone, I don’t mean DC’s Joker-crazy, I mean out-of-the-box weird, with a dash of creative colorfulness. But in all of that craziness that we (my hubby, my kids and I), have to find a way to balance all of what we want to accomplish AND still have a life, by not adding even more to our ever-growing list of to-do’s. With more ideas than there are hours in the day, a limit has to be set of how much we can take on.
So what is on the agenda for the next few days?
- publish an interview I conducted with a very creative fellow Designer on Zazzle (you can check out his store “SwissToons” here)
- getting ready to move, which means getting rid of most of our stuff (I am going to write another blog post about our decision to start all over)
- create more designs, specifically focusing on home decor, cell phone cases and cards for both RedBubble and Zazzle
- get even more familiar with the few more companies I will be working with here – and introducing them to you all.
- make a list of things I need (and want ) to get, once we actually arrived in Las Vegas.
- write at least 7 more flash fiction stories – some of them I will publish here, others will be exclusive for the upcoming collection
- implement and write about the ton of social media and business info I have come across over the last few weeks and months
- publish some reviews (not just about books)
Behind the scenes, we still have to run our transportation business and homeschool our children, but those are the musts that are consistently a part of our daily activities, our non-negotiables. The former is our main income source, and the latter: education – well I could write an entire book about the importance of educating our college-bound kids.
Sounds like a lot? Yup, but somehow we always seem to manage to make it all work, just as long as I promise myself not to take on anything else. That is something I am very bad at. I want to do everything, and I want to do it now. But the scripts and urban fantasy series have to wait this week, even though I wish I could dive into any of them.
How do you keep yourself from overwhelmed? What do you do to unwind, and get away from it all?
I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!
P.S. I highly recommend to you all to check out our affiliate Nozbe! The best productivity tool I have come across. I organize all of my business and personal projects using this program!